Sunday, February 7, 2010

My first prediction came true?

After watching "Channing Tatum" tweet about his new movie, Dear John, for the past two weeks, I expected the movie to pull in a lot more than my favorite analyst expected. (About the quotes: I can't decide if Chan's twitter is him all the time, or if it's some PR guy sometimes? What do you think?) More than just the social media, though, the movie is based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, and his wildly successful A Walk to Remember and The Notebook probably bring great memories to its target audience. So I guessed a $30 million weekend, despite most analysts guessing $18-20 million.

This was my first prediction, basically. And I ended up being really close! And according to this article, my guess was closer than anyone's!
I think this Box Office Result confirms the power of social media like twitter and its impact on buzz. (oh, and confirms the power of teen fangirls and generally people who wanted to cry this weekend.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home